Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- UNHCR’s RSD procedures are implemented in accordance with relevant UNHCR standards and policies, including policies related to age, gender, and diversity mainstreaming (AGDM).
- Persons of concern have fair and transparent access to the RSD procedures.
- Fraud in the RSD process is identified and appropriately addressed.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Stay abreast of legal, political, security and other developments which impact on the protection environment, and in particular, on protection delivery through RSD.
- Assist in the development of the RSD strategy of the operation and in the annual planning exercise.
- Provide counselling to, and respond to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees, including in the context of the notification of negative RSD decisions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all work on individual cases.
- Assist in preventing and identifying fraud in RSD through oversight, advice and guidance to UNHCR staff, partners and persons of concern.
- Systematically apply an age, gender and diversity (AGD) perspective in the performance of assigned functions.
- Conduct research on country of origin information (COI) and other issues related to RSD and maintain the Operation's local repository of relevant information, guidelines and standards accessible to RSD staff in the operation.
- Assist in monitoring RSD trends and in compiling and analysing RSD statistics related to RSD case processing.
- Assist in developing and maintaining processes to ensure that persons of concern, Government authorities and partners have accurate information on the RSD procedures, including UNHCR standards, policies and practice.
- Assist in initiatives to advocate with and support Government authorities and legal partners to establish and strengthen fair and efficient RSD procedures and RSD decision-making.
- Provide training for staff when required.
Draft correspondence and reports relating to the RSD activities of the Operation.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Refer individual cases to other functional units in the Operation and/or external partners for appropriate follow-up, in accordance with established criteria.
- Counsel individual asylum-seekers on the reasons for negative RSD decisions, in accordance with the RSD SOPs.